In-Vacuum Motion Systems
Princeton Research Instruments, Inc. offers miniature in-vacuum stepper motors, motorized stages, and accessories that provide rotary or translation motion in high and ultra high vacuum without the use of mechanical feedthroughs. These products provide a unique, efficient alternative to the traditional mechanical feedthroughs. A full line of accessories is available including couplings, clamps, cables, electrical feedthroughs, etc.
- Motor operation in vacuum as low as 4 X 10-10 torr.
- Maximum bake out and operating temperature is 150°C
- Motor lifetime is measured in tens of millions of revolutions.
- Variable reluctance design: no permanent magnets are used.
- The motors can be placed anywhere, thus permitting compound motions that would otherwise be impossible.
- Cryogenic operation is possible with specially prepared motors.
- The motors and motorized slides can be quickly and easily relocated to suit experimental needs.
MOTORIZED SLIDE HIGHLIGHTS: Slide Details
- Stock models have 1", 2" and 3" travel. Other sizes are available.
- Slides can be compounded for X-Y-Z operation.
- Standard stage step sizes are 3.3 microns, 1.6 micron, and .33 microns.
- Cryogenic operation is possible with specially prepared stages.
- Standard stages are aluminum. Other materials are available.
- Wide selection of lead screws and gearing are stocked for custom designs.
MODEL SK-1 STEPPER DRIVER ELECTRONICS HIGHLIGHTS:
- Stand-alone self-powered unit: no PC required.
- Designed for the special requirements of in-vacuum stepper motors.
- Design features help reduce waste heat buildup in the motors.
- Half step, single step, or dual phase modes, speeds up to 1000 pulses per second.
- Shaft position can be monitored with a digital counter on the front panel.
- Accepts TTL logic inputs for remote or computer control.