Reverse View LEED Systems
PRODUCT HIGHLIGHTS (all models)
- Transparent screen with large active area gives excellent resolution.
- Beam diameter less than 1 mm at sample.
- Long life thoriated iridium filament with special coating.
- View port and feedthrus integral with mounting flange.
- Four grid system for maximum utility.
- Grid system is very uniform with good performance below 25 eV.
- Grids are hard chrome plated stainless steel for rigidity and durability.
- On axis miniature electron gun for maximum unobstructed pattern.
- Only one vacuum system port required.
- Sample and manipulator sizes not limited.
- Rugged construction with critical alignments maintained by design.
- Each unit thoroughly tested in UHV before delivery.
RETRACTABLE OPTICS (Model RVL 8-120 M series only)
- No bellows jack required.
- Retractable up to one [M1] or two [M2] inches from normal operating position.
- Unique design keeps most moving parts on atmosphere side for reliability.
- Only linear motion feedthrus used for reliability.
- No gears, sliding surfaces, lead screws, or sliding contacts on the vacuum side.
- Retraction mechanism will not seize or jam after repeated bake outs.
LEED OPTICS SELECTION GUIDE
With six models to choose from, PRI offers the widest selection of LEED optics available. Choose the unit that best fits your chamber size and experimental needs. Click links for details.
The Model 11-020 LEED Electronics
is designed to operate with all of our reverse view LEED optics, as well as with front view LEED optics formerly manufactured by Physical Electronics, Inc. All necessary voltages, currents, and controls for LEED are included. Click link for details.
AUGER SPECTROSCOPY OPTION
Available soon is our new Model AES-1 LEED Auger Electronics
unit, which works with and complements the 11-020 LEED electronics. With up to 3 kV of beam voltage available, this unit provides the necessary controls, audio modulation, and voltages to do Auger with our LEED optics and electronics. Click link for a preview.
OTHER LEED OPTIONS
Custom Insertion Lengths:
We can provide a range of lengths from eight to ten inches at no extra charge. Other lengths are available.
The Models RVL 8-120SH and RVL 6-120SH include a disc shutter to protect the front of the optics. The shutter is controlled by a rotary feedthru on the mounting flange. The shutter requires a clearance of about 3 inches above and beside the optics shield when open. Contact us for outline drawings showing shutter dimensions and required clearances.
Stainless Steel Shield:
A stainless steel shield is available instead of the standard Mu metal shield. The SST shield is intended for customers using Mu shielded vacuum chambers.
Camera Mount Accessory:
A camera mounting bracket is available for Models RVL 8-120 and RVL 8-120SH optics. This bracket was designed for a conventional 35mm SLR camera, but could be adapted for use with a digital camera. Call us for details.
Bellows Jacks for Use with Fixed Optics:
For customers who require the ability to retract our fixed optics, we can provide suitable bellows jacks. Call us for details.
PRI QUALITY, PERFORMANCE, & SERVICE:
- Optics are custom built for each customer.
- Critical alignments are maintained by design.
- All optics are shipped under vacuum in a special container.
- All optics are individually tested in UHV prior to shipment.
The customer is welcome to visit our laboratory and witness these tests.
- Detailed instruction manual is supplied with each unit.
- Telephone and e-mail technical support available for setup and troubleshooting. LEED support questions answered by a scientist.
- All repair parts are stocked, and service inquiries answered within 24 hours.
- 100% made in USA.